Rss Feed

Cancer Survivors Park

Last night we had out healing circle at the Omaha Cancer Survivors Park. This circle was for Barb, she is fighting her way through cancer. She goes through her last treatment on Sept. 24th. I told her that that day is lucky because it is my birthday! Anyway it was a nice ritual, very simple, but very effective. It is nice that I have found such a wonderful group to be apart of. Our energies mesh so well.

On the very long way home, 50 minutes to be exact, for the 3rd time in less than a year a deer almost hit me. When I told a friend of mine she asked me "What does it take to get a message across to me"? She told me I should look and try to find out what it means to have a deer totem animal. Well, I looked it up and this is what it means: Compassion, Peace, Intellectual, Gentle, Caring, Kind, Subtlety, Gracefulness, Femininity, Gentleness, Innocence and Seller of Adventure. What do you think is it me? Well, I am definitely NOT graceful that is for sure. But maybe. I have never thought that a deer could be my totem. I never really gave totem animals a thought. But a deer??? I have never been drawn to deer. If anything I would think it would be some kind of cat. I have always been drawn to cats of all kinds. But I guess it is a possibility.

Today...
When the girls got home from school today I was elbow deep into photo editing, my girls went outside to play on the tire swing. The next thing I know Cassidy is running upstairs telling me that Kates lip is bleeding and that her tooth pushed through her lip. I thought oh goddess what has happened now. Well, sure enough I go down stairs and she does have a cut on her lower lip from where one of her teeth came through her lip. On the inside of her lip she has two cuts. I guess she was pushing a girl on the swing and went to answer her friends cell phone, not paying attention to the girl she was pushing, she came back and hit her in face.... So we have her putting ice on her lip so it doesn't swell too much. She will probably have a little scar. Well, I guess she learned a lesson, or at least I hope she did. While we were icing it she tells me it didn't hurt until she touched it and saw the blood, then it started to hurt really bad and she started to panic. Yeah, that is how it always happens, I told her. Right now she seems to be fine. Lets hope for nothing to horrid in the morning.

0 comments: